TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SPOTLITE DANCE
We welcome everyone equally and feel all have something to offer and share with us.
• All medical conditions must be advised to Spotlite Dance prior to the start of the placement and the necessary details must be noted on the registration form. The parent or guardian is responsible for the regular updating of any medical change.
• Please inform the teacher of any injuries before class.
• Any child that requires medication to be taken in to the dance class must have it clearly marked with the child’s name and a parental contact details. Please hand the medication to a member of staff.
• In the unlikely event of your child/adult having to be taken into hospital after an accident/incident every effort will be made to contact you in order that the normal parental consent may be given for treatment.
• Payment is accepted in the form of cash, cheque or BACS.
• Fees are non-refundable.
• If your child attends more than one class a week fees are payable per term in advance, which enable Spotlite Dance to guarantee a place. Only in exceptional circumstances, and by prior agreement with the Principal, are payment terms negotiable.
• As our costs are fixed, fees remain payable in cases of absence. There are no reductions for sickness or holidays.
• Spotlite Dance reserves the right to change fees or timetable without prior notice. However, we will endeavour to inform parents and carers of any changes as soon as possible.
• No fee will be returned if a class is cancelled due to inclement weather conditions or any other unforeseen circumstances
• Physical contact maybe necessary when helping to demonstrate or correct.
• Children should arrive promptly, appropriately dressed, and attend classes regularly.
• Children under 12 must have an adult responsible for them on site as Spotlite Dance is not responsible for children outside of the studio. (Before and after class, toilet runs etc.)
• It is important to drink fluids at regular intervals during physical exercise, please pack water for your child.
• If a child is causing disruption, they will be asked to leave their lesson.
• If mobile phones or any electrical equipment must be brought into the school, the use of any equipment will not be permitted during class and Spotlite Dance will not be responsible for any loss of or broken personal property.
• Spotlite Dance does not accept the responsibility for items lost or stolen although anything we do find will be placed in lost property.
· No jewellery is to be worn in class or on stage.
· Abusive behaviour towards teachers or other pupils will not be tolerated and will result in instant dismissal from the school.
· Solo/Duets/Trio Dances – It is your responsibility to provide a costume for your child, Spotlite Dance can hire some costumes out but this needs to be organised well in advance of the event.
You will also need to provide a CD so that I can give you a copy of your music in order to practise at home.
· Group Dances – Spotlite Dance is responsible for providing costumes and music. If your child is in a group dance they will be expected to commit to the group and attend extra rehearsals. If they miss more than two rehearsals they may be asked to leave the group.
· Unlike most schools Spotlite Dance tries to do most choreography of routines in class time and festival practise is available for FREE on a Tuesday and Wednesday. If you cannot make these times or your child has forgotten a routine you will need to organise a private lesson with me.
· If your child is entered for an examination they will need to attend extra practise near the examination date. If they are unable to attend the examination after their place has been booked you will not be entitled to a refund.
· Entrants need to turn up at least an hour before their section in competitions.
· Pupils will need to arrive at least half an hour before an examination.
· Pupils wishing to take part in competitions need to be attending both ballet, modern and Acro classes, in order to maintain a high standard of dance.